- December - June
- 6 - 8 Hours
- The Finnmark Alps
- 1500,-/4100,- NOK
The Finnmark alps is a mountain area that is located in the west of Finnmark county, all the way north in Norway. In our area we have peaks in all variations that stretch up to 1100 m directly from the sea.
To find the best mountains and the best snow, we use local guides that has grown up in the area and know the area very well. Our job is to guide you safely through our mountains and down to the sea again.
In the Finnmark alps we have a big diversity of terrain, from easy and mellow skiing to spectacular mountains with steep couloirs and big flanks of open area. But whatever type of skiing you’re after, there will always be a view that we think you will appreciate.
During “Mørketiden” (the polar night) we do skiing with strong headlamps with the northern light dancing over our heads. This period is followed by the polar day and spring skiing. This brings us light through the entire day and night, and is accompanied by the rise of the midnight sun.
To access the best skiing and the best touring we use both car and boat to get to the mountains we want to skin.
Our home village, Langfjordbotn, is well known for its massive snow fall and forest skiing. Because of that and our big variety of terrain, there will be good skiing even on the difficult stormy days.
Our skiing season begins in October and doesn’t end before late June.
- Private group: Guide per day NOK 3900,- (maximum 6 persons per guide)
- Pre planed trips: NOK 1250,- per person (Subject to a minimum of 3 persons signed in total for the trip)
- Skitouring skis
- Ski skins
- Good clothes for a arctic climat
- Beacon, probe and shovel
- Snack and drinks
- Backpack (minimum 30 L)
- Headlamp (only for trips December – February)
- Hot beverage and packed lunch, enough for the entire day in the mountains
- Drinking bottle with about 1 liter of water/soft drink
If you lack any equipment, contact us and we can help you with hire of what you are missing
- General information
- All our trips are with guides with local knowledge and long experience in this mountains
- Our activities is suitable for groups up to 18 persons and families with kids from the age of 12.
- We arrange both easy and more extreme tours. Contact us for more information and a customized experience
- Prices per person