- March - june
- 8 - 12 hours
- Øksfjord glacier
- 2100,-/3900,- NOK
Day trip on skis on the Øksfjord glacier goes through varied alpine terrain in the far north and contains a lot of altitude and good skiing.
The area are located in the arctic and on the coast where we can have heavy snow, strong winds, sun, windless, powder and corn snow, all in the same day.
We follow different routs on to the glacier based on the conditions, to get the best and safest skiing. The area are scattered with big and narrow valleys that are affected by the nearby glacier with spectacular nunataqs and steep mountainsides.
We arrange trips for fixed groups on the dates that fits for you (minimum 3 participants), and we have pre planed trips on set dates where you can enter and join a group with others.
- Pre planed trips: 2100,- NOK per person (Subject to a minimum of 3 persons signed in total for the trip).
- Private group: Guide per day NOK 3900,- (maximum 6 persons per guide)
- Pre planed trips 2020
May 18, trip to “Loppatinden” (entry deadline may 12)
To ski on the glacier can be cold. The weather can change rapidly, and the extra clothes you bring will then give you protection. We must be prepared for this, no matter what the weather is like when the trip starts.
- Backcountry skis, ski skins, ski boots and poles. (This can be hired if necessary)
- Beacon, probe and shovel. (This can be hired if necessary)
Recommended clothing at the start of the trip:
- Wool under wear
- Wool socks.
- Fleece jacket.
- Windproof jacket and pants.
- Extra beanie, gloves and socks.
- Down jacket or similar.
- Backpack (minimum 30 liter)
- Hot beverage and packed lunch, enough for the entire day in the mountains
- Drinking bottle with about 1 liter of water/soft drink
If you have any questions about equipment, please contact us
- General information
- All our trips are with guides with local knowledge and long experience in this mountains
- Our activities is suitable for groups up to 18 persons and families with kids from the age of 12.
- We arrange both easy and more extreme tours. Contact us for more information and a customized experience
- Prices per person